Resource Management and Planning implements university policies under the direction of Vice Chancellor Gary C. Matthews. These policies include the acquisition, effective management, and disposition of the financial, physical, and real property resources within its authority.
See the organization chart (PDF)
Resource Management and Planning strongly supports UC San Diego's Principles of Community and strives to achieve the highest levels of cultural proficiency. We support affirmative action and diversity programs because we believe:
- We must understand the diverse constituent bases we serve in order to consistently meet our responsibilities;
- We improve productivity if we work well together and value our cultural and individual differences;
- Creating an environment that is free from discrimination makes good business sense; and
- Supporting these principles is the right thing to do.
Standing committees are general committees with an ongoing schedule, and ad hoc committees are devoted to special issues and exist only as long as necessary.
Ad hoc committees
- Event Safety and Security Workgroup
- Pandemic/ Epidemic Response Committee
- Security Advisory Committee
- Storm Water and Sea Water Management Program Work Group
- Vehicle Accident Review Board
- Advisory Committee on Sustainability (ACS)
- Behavioral Threat Assessment and Management Team
- Bookstore Advisory Committee
- Campus/Community Planning Committee
- Chemical Safety and Surveillance Committee
- Child Care Oversight Committee
- Health and Safety Coordinating Council
- Human Exposure Review Committee (HERC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Laser Safety Committee
- Marine Sciences Physical Planning Committee
- Open Space Committee
- Radiation Safety and Surveillance Committee
- Radioactive Drug Research Committee
- Transportation Policy Committee
If you have questions, contact Crisella Caisip, Executive Assistant, (858) 534-3480.