UC San Diego has partnered with CampusBird to offer Virtual Map, an engaging and visually appealing 3D interactive map to improve how people experience our campus. Virtual Map lets users navigate campus, zoom in for highly detailed 3D renderings of campus buildings and landmarks. The ultimate goal of this project is to retire current UC San Diego mapping tools and offer one interactive map solution for everyone.
Current features include:
- Fully rendered 3D campus map
- 360 degree panoramas
- Point-to-point pedestrian directions
- UC San Diego bike routes
- Building information and sortable destinations to locate campus services
- Parking and transportation-related information like shuttle stop, bike rack and electric vehicle charging locations
We are relying on the campus community to help us refine and improve the map as we implement additional features, including:
- Detailed descriptions of locations and services
- Live campus shuttle information
- Printing, sharing and embedding customized maps and directions
- Parking space availability
- Real-time bike and ADA wayfinding
- Hillcrest Medical Center map
Many campus departments will be working together to improve and update Virtual Map. A robust, user-friendly maps and tours platform lets content owners enhance their web presence by providing detailed information about their departments and services.
Platform features include:
- Tools and layers allow you to easily add text, photos and videos.
- Google Analytics tracks what users are most interested in Virtual Map.
- Supports Chrome 25+, Firefox 20+, Safari 6+, and Internet Explorer 8+.
For more information about Virtual Map, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.