Auxiliary Business Services (ABS) provides a variety of services to UC San Diego faculty, students, staff and the community, and includes six sub-units:
- Early Care and Education provides high-quality care and education for children of faculty, staff and students
- Imprints provides campus copying and printing services, copier supplies and maintenance, online ordering, self-serve copy centers and complete library services.
- Transportation Services provides sustainable access and alternative transportation solutions for the campus community, medical centers and Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
- UC San Diego Bookstore offers a comprehensive selection of books, educational supplies, computer products, souvenirs, and coffee/grocery shops: Perks and Sunshine Market.
Campus Planning is responsible for maintaining an effective liaison between UCSD Campus and the San Diego community regarding the campus' physical development. It prepares and oversees the implementation of land use plans, evaluations of site options for new facilities and environmental impact reviews.
Capital Planning coordinates and facilitates the capital process on the campus, serves as the main conduit for communications with the Office of the President for initial Regental and Presidential project approval, and is responsible for space program development and justification, along with funding analysis.
Community Safety is committed to building community partnerships while enhancing public safety on UCSD campus.
Environmental & Building Services:
- Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) is dedicated to the reduction of risks within the UCSD community, and to the promotion of safety as a value in our university culture.
- Facilities Management (FM) maintains buildings, grounds, and vehicles, provides design and construction services for non-CIP projects, and provides sustainability and building commissioning services.
Facilities Design & Construction (FD&C) implements the Capital Improvement Program, project planning, schematic design, design development, bidding, and award of contracts.
Policy & Records Administration (PRA) processes the Chancellor's mail, coordinates Regents' items, and maintains administrative policies and procedures.
RM&P support units include Financial Services and Human Resources.
Strategic Energy Initiatives (SEI) supports on various innovative renewable energy projects that will produce more than seven megawatts of energy for the university.
UC San Diego Sustainability engages the campus community in sustainability initiatives and encourages sustainable behavior beyond our campus.